While the Sangha’s members are not meeting in person as a group for a while to limit the spread of the coronavirus, we can practice together in spirit with dharma talks suggested by Sangha members. This week, the recommended dharma talk is “Responses to the corona virus/karuna virus” with Jill Shepherd.
In addition, Sangha members have found the following online meditations valuable to their home practice:
- Tara Brach has put together a set of Pandemic Resources including relevant Dharma talks to support us during these difficult times.
- Spirit Rock is offering online meditation with Sylvia Boorstein and Donald Rothberg on Wednesday mornings via Zoom. Visit the Spirit Rock Meditation Group website for details to join.
- Olympic Peninsula Mindfulness is offering their Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course online by donation. Visit the MBSR course website for details to enroll.
- Kate Davies maintains a list of meditation resources for coping with COVID-19 that you may find helpful.
- Tricycle is continuing to offer free live online practice sessions. These sessions are hosted on Zoom and require advance registration here. All sessions are recorded and you can watch them later if you cannot attend the live event. The next event is:
- March 31 at 1:00 PM EDT with Sharon Salzberg
We wish you good health and peace during this pause in our in-person group activities.
The Sangha will resume gathering as soon as possible. A notice will be posted here and sent to the Sangha mailing list when a date is set for our next meeting.